We all have our bios out there. Most everyone wants to put their most professional foot forward, so we leave out the baggage, the quirks, and the oddities that might put people off. Thing is, much of those quirks are what make us unique. But…most don’t want to share those quirks with others out of fear they might be turned off and not want to date them, use their services, pay for their product, etc. Being the “out there” person I am, I want to share some of those quirks so everyone can get to know me just a little bit better.
Me and food
- I’m a veggitarian. I’ve been so for over twenty years. Along with being a veggitarian, I have some strange quirks relating to food. Let’s dredge some of them up.
- I always like to sniff bags of chips as they are opened. Same goes with peanut butter (which is one of my favorite smells.)
- I drink a Coke Zero along with my breakfast every morning and have for decades (well – not the Zero part.)
- Monday through Friday my lunch consists of a peanut butter sandwich, pretzels, and a coke. I will not have a peanut butter sandwich on the weekend, because I am NOT at work.
Me and Music
- Country music makes me angry, so I don’t listen to it.
- I can only listen to music without lyrics while I write my novels — otherwise the words are a distraction.
- Non-harmonic tones have the ability to make me cry.
- I plaid the Tuba for over ten years. I rocked it.
Me and TV
- I can’t watch reality TV because I become embarrassed that mankind can actually be that stupid or humiliating.
- I don’t watch the news because it’s too depressing.
- I tend to watch mostly horror, sci-fi, and comedy. But at the moment Bones is my favorite show.
- I loved the show Alf.
- When I was growing up, most of the shows I watched (and loved) centered around black families.
- I think I’m the only living person that remembers The Drac Pack and Groovy Ghoulies.
- I love watching horror — the scarier the better.
- I hate that damn commercial with the bratty, curly blonde kid, who is the spokesthing for the car and basically says all other kids parents are lame if they aren’t driving that car.
- My first ever crush was Lonnie Anderson from WKRP In Cincinnatti.
Me and Clothing
- I refuse to tuck in my shirts.
- I refuse to wear khakis.
- I hate collars.
- I will openly admit the single most comfortable article of clothing ever invented is the skirt.
- I love getting into my “cookie pants” at the end of the day.
- I walk around when I brush my teeth.
- I have to stretch in the morning.
- I check email way too much.
- I speak to each of my cats differently.
- When I want to avoid listening to someone I start whistling.
- I had a bone degenerative disease when I was a child called Legg-Calve-Perthes disease so I have a huge frankenscar on my right hip.
Had enough? I thought so. But now, you know me a little better. I will revisit this topic again some time in the future.